6U - Minor T-Ball
Players born in 2013 and 2014 are eligible to register and play in this division. Players hit off of a tee in this division. Each player is provided with a team shirt, ball cap and ball pants. Players are required to provide their own glove, jock and batting helmet (with strap).
To support the communication and coordination of team schedules, each team will be provided with the TeamSnap mobile app.
Opening Day will be held on May 4, 2019 at Lion's Arena. Players will pick up their uniforms, meet their teammates and coaches and take team photos. Other 2019 Important Dates can be found here.
Season length: May 6 - July 13, 2019
Game nights: Mondays, Wednesdays at 6:15pm
Game locations: Fields located in Kitchener and Waterloo.
Mid-season tournament: June 21-22, 2019
Championship day: July 13, 2019 (for the final 4 teams)
Early Bird Fee: $190 (increases to $215 after March 1, 2019)
Training and Practices
Two instructional sessions at Blue Chip in Kitchener will take place in lieu of 2 game nights.
Optional practice times are determined by coaches and are typically held on Saturdays.
Minor T-Ball Rules Summary
- Bases are 50’ apart
- Safety line at home plate
- Dead ball line drawn approximately halfway between home and pitcher (an arc between 1st and 3rd base lines)
- No bunting
- Pitchers must wear a helmet
- No leadoffs
- No stealing
- No advancing on overthrows to first base (except for last batter)
- Max 8 batters per inning (8th is last batter)
- No open inning
- Play with four outfielders
- No infield fly rule
- Outfielders may not retire a runner -- they must throw the ball to an infielder