Players born in 2010 are eligible to register and play in this division.
Each player is provided with a team shirt, ball cap and ball pants which coaches will distribute. Players are required to provide their own glove, bat, jock and batting helmet (with strap).
To support the communication and coordination of team schedules, each team will be provided with the TeamSnap mobile app.
Season length:June 6/13th - August 21, 2021
Game nights: Tues & Thurs at 6:15pm and Saturdays
Practices: Optional practices on Saturdays or Sundays or 45 minutes before games.
Game locations: Fields located in Kitchener and Waterloo.
Championship day: August 21, 2021 (top 2 teams in each bubble)
Cost: $260 before March 1 ($285 after March 1)
NEW FOR THE 2021 SEASON
11U Pitching Training
As part of the KWHL program, 11U players have the option to sign up for a 5-week pitching training program for a subsidized rate of $30 per player.
Dates: Saturdays from March 13 - April 10, 2021 (5 weeks)
Timeslots: 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm (50-minute timeslots to be selected at registration)
Where: Blue Chip Sports - 69 Agnes St, Kitchener
Details: The program will include instructions on proper warm-up, throwing mechanices, grip and pitching mechanics and will include 4 weeks of training and 1 week HitTrax evaluation with pitching report. There will be a 1:5 or 2:10 instructor to player ratio for all training. COVID-19 may require slight adjustments to the program.
Standings and Championship Day
The top 2 teams from the regular season will play a championship game on Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 9:00am. Details will be added to the TeamSnap calendar when the regular season standings have been finalized.
Standings are based on the following for the championship game.
- All Divisions – Most points = 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- The results of the game between tied teams when all teams have played each other and a clear order can be established.
- Run differential: The total number of runs scored by a team in all games minus the total number of runs scored by the team’s opponent in all games. A maximum of a 10-run differential shall be used per game except in the 19U division. This rule does not apply to 8U/9U.
- The most runs scored between tied teams.
- The fewest runs allowed between tied team.