Players born in 2012 are eligible to register and play in this division. To enable player development, this division uses a pitching machine that throws straight pitches across the plate and batters have five attempts to hit the ball.
Each player is provided with a team shirt, ball cap and ball pants which coaches will hand out at the first game/practice. Players are required to provide their own glove, bat, jock and batting helmet (with strap).
To support team communication and coordination of team schedules, each team will be provided with the TeamSnap mobile app.
Season length: June 6/13th - August 21, 2021
Game nights: Tues & Thurs at 6:15pm and possible Saturdays.
Game locations: Fields located in Kitchener and Waterloo.
Championship day: August 21, 2021 (top 2 teams in each bubble)
$240 before Mar 1
$265 after Mar 1
**subject to change
Training & Practices:
Optional practice times are determined by coaches and are typically held on Saturday mornings.
Standings and Championship Day
The top 2 teams from the regular season will play a championship game on Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 9:00am. Details will be added to the TeamSnap calendar when the regular season standings have been finalized.
Standings are based on the following for the championship game.
- All Divisions – Most points = 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- The results of the game between tied teams when all teams have played each other and a clear order can be established.
- Run differential: The total number of runs scored by a team in all games minus the total number of runs scored by the team’s opponent in all games. A maximum of a 10-run differential shall be used per game except in the 19U division. This rule does not apply to 8U/9U.
- The most runs scored between tied teams.
- The fewest runs allowed between tied team.