Umpire Information and Registration
Umpiring is a challenging and rewarding experience for youth and a great part-time summer job. For adults, it's a way to stay involved in the game you love and also make some extra spending money.
Who can umpire?
If you are 12 years of age or older (as of May 1) you can register to umpire as part of our organization.
2022 Season Umpire Registration
If you are interested in umpiring for the 2022 season, you must complete the following registration form. This registration allows you to umpire for Waterloo Minor Baseball Association, Kitchener Minor Baseball Association and KW House League Baseball. Inexperienced coaches will umpire at the house league level to start.
Depending on your past training experience, umpire training will be required for 2022 umpires. For umpires who have not yet completed any training, a Level 1 certification is required. If umpires are looking to augment their training to umpire at higher levels, additional training for those levels may be requied. More information will be provided about training via email to those registered.
All umpires will be reimbursed for training once they have received confirmation of their ability to umpire with the league.
Umpires are provided with a shirt and hat and other equipment as needed (mask, shin guards, etc.). Umpires must provide their own grey pants and black shoes.
Umpire Rate of Pay
Details on rate of pay for umpires can be found here.
Umpire Code of Conduct
Umpires agree to the following codes of conduct.
- I will fairly officiate the game based on my best judgment of the rules as established by the league.
- I will communicate the rules of the game effectively to the managers, coaches and players.
- I will respond professionally when asked for clarification of rules and judgment calls.
- I will treat both teams and all players equally and fairly and ensure the rights of players.
- I will treat managers, coaches, other volunteers, players and parents with dignity. Attempt to pursue positive approaches to dealing with all parties.
- I will show good sportsmanship, a positive attitude and remember the real reason for the game: To have fun!
- I will report to the KWHLB Board any issues or problems beyond my authority or that I am unable to resolve.